The Certificate in Financial Education
Knowledge of the Business and Finance world is more important than ever. The Certificate in Financial Education is a level 2 qualification that introduces the student to the impact of finance on the economy and encourages them to consider how this can affect business and the individual. Through this it develops knowledge and a valuable range of applied and transferable skills and provides a foundation for further study in business and finance-related disciplines.
The content covered, and skills developed, within the qualification ensure that it is a valuable part of a broad programme of study at Key Stage 3/4, particularly complementing GCSEs in Mathematics, Citizenship, and Business Studies. Beyond Key Stage 4, it can also complement A Level programmes in Business and Economics or as an additional course of study in Finance that broadens and deepens understanding of the financial context of other content areas.
Public finance and the economy, including how these relate to:
- social, political and cultural factors;
- political institutions and processes;
- impacts on individuals, businesses and society.
Financial management, including:
- personal financial planning;
- budgeting and financial management tools for managing money;
- spending and borrowing.
Employability, enterprise and business, including how these relate to:
- business financial management;
- benefits to, and consequences for, businesses, individuals and society.
Further details coming soon.