Uniform and equipment
Having a smart uniform forms part of our high expectations and we appreciate parents supporting us with this.
All articles of uniform must be clearly named.
Items marked * are of regulation style and must be obtained from the school suppliers - TFS
- *Maroon blazer
- *Maroon skirt or tailored, plain black trousers
- *Maroon V-necked jumper - with stripes and embroidered school logo
- Pale blue blouse with a revered collar (e.g no top button and a v-neck)
- Plain white, maroon or black socks or black/natural colour tights
- Smart black shoes. They should be low-heeled (no higher than 1 1/2") and below the ankle. No canvas shoes, trainers, peep-toes, sling backs or boots
- Winter boots, plain black for walking to/from school – not to be worn in school
Make up, Jewellery and Accessories
- The only jewellery permitted is: one watch, one ring, a plain gold/silver chain, but no pendant and one pair of small, plain, stud/ sleeper earrings (1cm diameter maximum for sleeper earring). Earrings should be worn in ear lobes only. No other piercings are allowed.
- Make-up is not allowed in Years 7-9 but may be worn discreetly in Years 10 &11.
- Nail varnish, nail extensions and false nails are not allowed.
- False eyelashes are not permitted.
- Scarf in school colours for the journey to and from school.
- Winter boots, plain black for walking to/from school – not to be worn in school.
- Hair should be natural colour and accessories should be discrete, plain and in school colours.
- Extreme Hairstyles are not permitted.
Students will need the following:
- A school canvas bag to carry books in the morning - purchased through the school
- A pencil case marked with her name
- Several blue or black pens of reasonable quality
- A green pen for making corrections and giving feedback to work.
- A plastic 30cm ruler, marked in cm and mm
- An eraser, pencil sharpener and glue stick or similar
- A selection of pencils including coloured pencils in basic colours
- A fine-tip dry-wipe pen and mini whiteboard eraser for use with your daughter's contact book.
- A set of compasses and an angle measurer or protractor
- A scientific calculator (ideally a Casio FX 85GT Plus)
- A reading book
- An inexpensive English dictionary (Collins or Oxford and Chambers)
- An inexpensive set of weighing scales to be kept and used at home for Food Technology
- Apron with bib for Food Technology – purchased through the school.
Physical Education uniform
Physical Education Uniform
- Black P.E. bag with printed school logo
- Yr11 Maroon polo shirt with printed school logo, Y7-10 Maroon/Blue polo shirt
- Y7-10 Maroon/Blue Skort
- Optional Black leggings with printed school logo
- Optional Black ¾ zip jumper with printed school logo
- Shorts – black with printed school logo
- Y7+8 Maroon/Blue long football socks. Yr7-11 white ankle socks.
- Yr 7-11 Trainers (non-marking sole), Yr7+8 football boots with non-metal studs and shin pads
Games skirt and polo shirt must have initials embroidered in sky blue on the outside, positioning on the polo shirt to be top left front in line with the buttons.
NB: No jewellery must be worn for lessons. Earrings cannot be taped so please ensure ears are not pierced in term time. This is for the safety of all students and staff. Hair must be tied back.
Design Technology uniform
WGSG apron with bib for Food Technology (to be purchased from the school)
Optional uniform items
- Plain, dark coloured outdoor coat/jacket (no logos, hoodies etc. permitted)
- Tennis racket, etc. (must be clearly marked)
- Purse belt, maroon
- Bags – cotton bag purchased through the school, no other bag permitted to be used during morning. All other bags to be kept in a locked locker.
All articles of uniform must be clearly marked with SEWN ON name tapes. (Cash’s name tapes or indelible marking ink only).